Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Just a little challenge.


Has anyone ever heard of snow shoeing? Well, this weekend I had the privilege of trying it out..Oh my goodness, I loved it. It's like walking on top of 2 feet of powder without falling in! I guess I'm a bit a nature nerd but i absolutely loved it. If you ever get the opportunity, then go. The picture I'm posting is of a tree that had tipped over. We (just some friends and I) crawled up it and jumped off the end...I'm in mid air if you can't tell.

Anyways, last night I was home doing Yoga with my mom. It's a little over a month since I've done it. I forgot how amazing it is. Of any workout I've ever done (I've tried them all) I've been the most successful with Yoga. Yup, these Bowman thunder thighs I've got going on, are getting a little smaller. Yoga has so many different types of workouts, anyone can do it. I can't tell you how much it's changed my life. Because of the breathing technique, along with the stretching, it lengthens your muscles while filling them with oxygen and helps you to loose weight. There is no other workout out there quite like it. After I started doing Yoga, a little over a year and a half ago, Not only was there a change in my body, but it helped me mentally. It teaches peace of mind, and acceptance of self. Anyways, even if you aren't looking too loose any weight, it really just feels so good. I want everyone to at least try it once. That's my Yoga challenge. My mom (aunt Loyce) and Pam have some pretty good tapes of it that you can purchase online, if you don't have the opportunity to go to a class. I'll post a website where you can buy the video's from when I get them from my mom.
Let me know what you think!
Love you all,
Love,
Bobbi

6 comments:

Auntie Leisa said...

You are so funny Bobbs! I'm starting a yoga class at the YMCA next month. Woo Hoo! Love ya!

Beki said...

I want to start doing yoga, but I want to do it with all of you guys. I don't want to do it by myself.

nana said...

That's very nice Bobbi, it doesn't look like you're mid-air. I have wanted to get snow shoes for some time. I can't wait to try that. You know I love yoga! Love you!

Tom's family said...

Well my dear daughter the only way I can tell you are in the air is by your hair! It's just the way the log lines up with your snowshoes! I remain a yoga fan! Thanks for teaching me! Love you! MOM

Auntie Leisa said...

BTW Renee Bobb, why you no wearing yo RERUN hat? I miss it :(

Bobbi said...

That's awesome Leisa. I hope you like it..and pammers..I will take you snowshoeing sometime if you want to go..I'm not a real navigator, but that would be fun if our fam went out on a saturday or something!
Ha ha, leisa, Rerun has retired for a while. (he misses you too) And Beki..I have web cam...if you wanna do yoga together! Pa ha ha, it might work!